Aqua-Tex, together with LaCas Consultants Inc. and EXP Services Inc. is the proud recipient of the 2017 Environmental Award from the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC) for the Mark Creek Flume Flood Management and Stream Rehabilitation Project in the City of Kimberley. This award recognizes outstanding achievement in environmental engineering and environmental protection and enhancement.
Brian LaCas, P.Eng., Hydrotechincal Engineer (LaCas Consultants) Evan Sykes, P.Eng., Geotechnical Engineer (EXP Services), Cori Barraclough, R.P. Bio., Project Manager and Freshwater Ecologist (Aqua-Tex).
Thank you to our many team members: Mike Herold, P.Eng., Structural Engineer (Herold Engineering), Rick Lloyd, P.Eng. (ret.) (RCL Consulting Ltd.); Paul Lepine, Dave Silveira, Sean Daly, P.Eng., and Matt Yip, P.Eng., (EXP Services); Patrick Lucey R.P. Bio., and Tracy Motyer, R.B. Tech. (Aqua-Tex); Les McDonald R.P. Bio. (Spirogyra Scientific); Mike Achtem P.Eng. and Josh Bartley, P.Eng. (Islander Engineering).
Presented to St. Rose of Lima Parish (Sooke BC) and the design team for watershed stewardship in the design and construction of a new parish church adjacent a headwater stream channel (Nott Brook). (Aqua-Tex site selection, ecology, permitting, stream enhancement).
- Central Saanich Integrated Stormwater Management Plan. With WorleyParsons. (Aqua-Tex- watershed ecology).
- Millennium Water, Southeast False Creek Vancouver Olympic Village. (Aqua-Tex- ecology)
- Outstanding Achievement in Landscape Architecture. Presented to PWL Partnership in Association with Stantec, Hay and Co., Levelton Consultants Inc., Golder and Associates, Envirowest, Aqua-Tex Scientific, and Commonwealth Historic Resource Management. Southeast False Creek Waterfront Park: Phase 1 (Aqua-Tex- ecology)
- 2009 Top Ten Green Projects Award. Synergy at Dockside GreenDesigned by Busby, Perkins and Will with eight design firms - Aqua-Tex (ecology).
- Dockside Green Phase I- Synergy, Brownfield. After cleaning up the brownfield site, the developers took an integrated approach to designing the energy, water, sewage and waste management infrastructure to ensure maximum synergy and efficiency. Water is conserved by treating and reusing sewage water for irrigation and toilet flushing. A combination of green roofs, bioswales (landscape elements that remove pollutants from water) and a naturalized creek work to manage stormwater. (Aqua-Tex ecological consultants).
- Dockside Green (Aqua-Tex- ecology)
- Highest number of LEED points ever awarded (63). Aqua-Tex ecological consultants.
- Aqua-Tex - erosion and sediment control, and stormwater co-design
- Environmental Excellence. Small to Medium Enterprise. Presented to Aqua-Tex for stream restoration.Small to Medium Enterprise. Presented to Aqua-Tex for stream restoration.
- LEED v. 2.0 Gold Certification for Vancouver Island Technology Park, 2002Aqua-Tex- stormwater management, design & construction and stream restoration.
- Presented to the Corporation of the District of Saanich for Upper Blenkinsop Creek Relocation and Restoration. (Aqua-Tex- design & construction)
- 2002 CARE Award for Environmental and/or Revitalization Achievement, Silver WinnerDennis Dale, Fairwest Construction Co. Ltd. / Gordon English, Genco Construction Ltd. (Aqua-Tex- co-design & construction of stormwater management /wetland restoration)
- 2001 CARE Award for Environmental and/or Revitalization Achievement, Silver WinnerCam Pringle / Cadillac Homes Ltd. for Willowbrook Subdivision stormwater management and Swan Creek restoration. (Aqua-Tex- design & construction of stormwater management /stream restoration)